We’re offering three early career artists based in Cumbria (or with a connection to the region) a £1,000 commission and a specialist package of bespoke support to develop their creative practice & create a unique live performance piece for Forge Festival 2023 at the acclaimed Windermere Jetty Museum.
Forge Festival 2023
We want to hear from Early Career Artists (aged 18-25) who would like to establish a creative career in the arts and become part of a thriving network of Early Career Artists in Cumbria.
What does the opportunity involve?
- Receive a £1,000 commission to develop a unique live performance piece for Forge Festival 2023
- Take part in 10 x Industry Development Sessions with TKP and a range of industry professionals to develop your understanding of how to work successfully as an artist or freelancer in the industry.
- Take part in 10 x Creative Development Sessions including specialist package of support tailored to you from The Knotted Project to develop your performance piece and support your creative practice.
- Have the opportunity to connect, meet and work with a variety of experienced artists, industry professionals & local arts organisations across Cumbria & beyond.
- Work alongside other Early Career Artists and young creatives to become part of a thriving Early Career Artists network in Cumbria.
To apply for this opportunity you must:
- Be aged between 18-25
- Consider yourself to be an Early Career Artist and define your arts practice as one or more of the following: theatre, dance, drama, music, physical theatre, spoken word or poetry.
- Have had some form of arts training/experience
- Be interested in establishing a creative career in the arts
- Be keen to develop a piece of live theatre to be performed at Forge Festival 2023, to the public and an invited audience of industry professionals
- Be committed to developing your knowledge and skills in the industry
- Be available for the majority of the project dates, the festival tech & festival weekend
Dates of sessions:
Forge Festival Meet Up Day
|10/04/23 – 14/04/23
Intensive Rehearsals (2 full days within this time period)
|22/04/23 – 23/04/23
Festival Tech Weekend
|29/04/23 – 30/04/23
FORGE FESTIVAL 2023
How to Apply?
Please fill out the Application Form below or alternatively, send us your answers through a short video (no more than 3 minutes in length).
Send your application to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 23rd December 2022.
We actively encourage applications from those who are currently underrepresented in the arts. These include, but are not limited to, people who are culturally and ethnically diverse, people who identify as LGBTQ+, neurodivergent, D/deaf or disabled, those with caring responsibilities and those who have experienced socio and economic barriers to engagement.
Please note: The format that you choose to send us your application in will not affect your chances of being successful. Only 3 commissions are available and we expect a high number of applications.
Application Deadline 5pm on 23rd December 2022
Successful applicants will be notified by 6th January 2023
If you have any questions about this opportunity or would like to know more before applying, please email Emily from The Knotted Project: email@example.com